Friday, March 4, 2016

The End of the AffairThe End of the Affair by Graham Greene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So Ugh! IDK! towards the end where Graham Green's hinting at the supernatural made me want to tear apart the book. But, I think that this strong feeling is an indication of well-crafted words (and me taking it way too seriously to be realistic to me and my way thinking!).
Some charterers are complex (Bendrix and Sarah). On the other hand, Henry was quite plainly written (providing details on his perspective would be unnecessary thought). It's interesting to see how the different perspective of a story can totally turn the tables! including both party's point of view changes the "affair's" opinion in the mind of a reader.
In the end, the story left me unsettled for a totally unexpected reason (religion). The affair was portrayed very well and realistically. The book keeps one absolutely interested in it throughout.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment